How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod have so much space readily available of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a method that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in regards to personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod simplying playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks because they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology abilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic equipment in your home. It can control your tv, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required before beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important component in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the range of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not work properly if you missed this essential step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly extremely easy to understand. Softwares are currently available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very risky with regards to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is wrong.