How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space available of up to forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user regarding personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Different firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation capabilities have actually offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic equipment in your home. It can control your TV, DVD gamer, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required before starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important element in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not function correctly if you missed this essential step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly really simple to understand. Softwares are currently readily available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very dangerous in regard to its effects on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by a professional technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not right.