How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space offered of as much as forty gigabytes that it can save up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel where you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in terms of personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks because they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation abilities have offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic devices in your home. It can manage your tv, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required before beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial aspect in this iPod hack’s job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not function appropriately if you missed this crucial action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any home electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly very easy to understand. Softwares are already offered that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really dangerous with regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless managed by an expert technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is not ideal.