How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks since they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation capabilities have actually offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic devices in your house. It can control your tv, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR device would not function effectively if you missed this important step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is certainly extremely simple to comprehend. Softwares are currently available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really risky with concerns to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not best.