How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod have a lot space offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel where you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user in terms of customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Different firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod simplying playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks since they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology abilities have offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic equipment in your home. It can manage your tv, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely put, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly tape the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required before beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important component in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and eliminate channels. An example of such sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you want to manage.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not operate appropriately if you missed this essential action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is obviously really simple to understand. Softwares are already offered that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely risky with regards to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not right.