How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user regarding personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Numerous firmware that provides iPod hacks, are offered on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks because they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation abilities have actually supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic devices in your house. It can control your TV, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial aspect in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR device would not work appropriately if you missed this important step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously extremely easy to understand. Softwares are currently available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely dangerous with regard to its effects on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.