Harold Koontz provided this definition of management in his reserve “The Management Theory Jungle”. Henri Fayol offered this description of management in his book “Industrial and General Administration”. This description of management was presented with by Peter Drucker in his book “The Principles of Management”. Management as a Noun: refers to a mixed group of Managers. Management as a Discipline: refers to the Subject of Management.
Management can be an individual or a group of individuals that accept responsibilities to perform a company. They Plan, Organize, Control, and Direct all the fundamental activities of the company. Management does not do the ongoing work themselves. They motivate others to do the work and co-ordinate (i.e. bring together) all the task for achieving the goals of the company. Management includes all Six Ms i.e. Men and Women, Money, Machines, Materials, Markets and Methods. Following image depicts fourteen important features of management.
- Missing W2, 1099-Misc, 1099-R, 1099-Int
- 39 Credit MBA Concentrations
- 7 years ago from Seattle, WA
- Get Involved With The Charity
- Cover industry topics that no other expert has touched
- Specific Values (for Calendar and Text user input)
1. Continuous and never-ending process. 2. Getting things done through people. 3. Result focused art and technology. 4. Multidisciplinary in character. 5. An organization and not a person activity. 6. Follows set up principles or guidelines. 7. Aided but not replaced by computers. 8. Situational in nature. 9. Do not need to be a possession.
10. Both a creative art and science. 11. Management is all pervasive. 12. Management is intangible. 13. Runs on the professional strategy in work. 14. Dynamic in nature. Now let’s quickly discuss each feature of management. Management is a Process. It offers four main functions, viz., Planning, Organizing, Directing, and Controlling. The manager has to Organize and Plan all the actions.
He had to provide proper Directions to his subordinates. He must Control all the activities as well. The manager has to constantly perform these functions. Therefore, management is a never-ending and constant process. The managers do not do the ongoing work themselves. They get the work done through the workers. The employees should not be treated like slaves.
They shouldn’t be tricked, threatened, or compelled to do the ongoing work. A favorable workplace should be created and maintained. Management is result oriented, because it gives a lot worth focusing on to “Results”. Types of Results like, upsurge in market share, increase in profits, etc. Management wants to get the best results at all times always. Management must get the ongoing work done through people.
It must manage people. This is a very difficult job because different people have different feelings, feelings, aspirations, etc. Similarly, the same person might have different emotions at different times. So, management is an extremely complex job. Therefore, management uses knowledge from many different topics such as Economics, IT, Psychology, Sociology, etc. Therefore, it is multidisciplinary in character. Management is no specific activity.